September 7, 2017
The Australian Training Awards are the peak, national awards for the vocational education and training (VET) sector, recognising individuals, businesses and registered training organisations for their contribution to skilling Australia.
Most of the Awards are the culmination of the state and territory training awards with winners eligible to compete at the national level in aligned categories. There are also seven award categories available by entering directly.
The state and territory awards will be completed on 11 October, but already the Manufacturing industry is well represented with the following:
- Apprentice of the Year Jordan Ireland, Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade [TAS]
- Apprentice of the Year Jake Sheppeard, Certificate IV Aeroskills (Mechanical) [NSW]
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year Brenden Maxwell, Certificate IV Aeroskills (Mechanical) [NSW]
- State Finalist Vocational Student of the Year Krysta Greer, Certificate IV in Engineering Drafting [QLD]
- Apprentice of the Year Gemma Hartwig, Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade (Maintenance – Diesel Fitting) [QLD]
- Apprentice of the Year Laura Pivivaroff, Certificate III in Jewellery Manufacture [SA]
State winners will have the opportunity to contest the Australian Training Awards, which will be held in Canberra on 23 November.
IBSA would like to congratulate all finalists so far, and wish them the best for the Awards and their ongoing career.
Visit the Australian Training Awards website for more information.