- Read Overview
- In Progress
- See Outcome
IBSA Manufacturing, on behalf of the Textiles, Clothing and Footwear Industry Reference Committee, is currently undertaking research to develop the MST Using New Technologies and Materials Case for Change.
Cases for Change provide evidence and a rationale for proposed changes to training package components. Once prepared, IBSA Manufacturing, on behalf of the relevant Industry Reference Committee, submits a Case for Change to the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) for their review and consideration. When a Case for Change is approved, it forms the basis of a training package project.
This Case for Change will focus on the following areas:
- New technologies and materials which aims to investigate the impact of the skills of new technologies and materials that are coming into widespread use in the industry, and
- Advanced Clothing Production and Garment Alteration Skill Sets combine the skills required to make alterations, tailoring, repairs, and mending due to the increase in the number of organisations providing. garment alterations as an ‘add-on’ service to their customers.
It is anticipated that a draft Case for Change for this project will be made available late-2019.
IBSA Manufacturing, in consultation with the Textiles, Clothing and Footwear Industry Reference Committee, will establish an IRC Sub-Committee to oversee the development of the Case for Change.
Methodology and Timelines
This project follows the following Case for Change Development Methodology.
This process provides robust evidence to support the Australian Industry Skills Committee’s (AISC) decision making process.
Staying in Touch
Case for Change updates will be provided on the progress page and through our newsletters and emails to industry contacts. Please click here if you wish to participate in this project, receive project updates and subscribe to our newsletter.
Primary Contact Person:
Senior Manager – Industry Insights
P: 03 9815 7099
Current projects and consultations
- Technology in Training and Assessment – an Aerospace Industry Perspective
- Energy Management Project
- MEM Welding, Technical and Trainer/Supervisor/Coordinator Project
- Alignment of VET qualifications with aerospace licensing regulations
- Point of Care Testing (PoCT) Project
- Skills for the Polymer Industry Project
- Laundry and Dry Cleaning Project
- Blinds, Awnings, Security Screens and Grilles Project
- Manufacturing and Engineering Transition Project
Latest from IBSA
IBSA Manufacturing Training Package Development Methodology
IBSA Manufacturing Training Development Projects follow the Training Package Development and Endorsement Process Policy and uses a five phase methodology. Our approach to all training…