IBSA Manufacturing is pleased to support the Sustainability Industry Reference Committee (IRC) to undertake the Sustainability 2017 Project.
The Sustainability 2017 Project will involve the development of the following for the Sustainability Training Package (MSS):
6 new units of competency for carbon auditing
- Create and calculate carbon usage units
- Absorb or convert carbon units into other forms of matter
- Use carbon auditing metrics
- Undertake a carbon audit within a business environment
- Undertake an energy management audit
- Produce recommendations to reduce energy use/offset carbon production
1 new skill set to address specialist skill needs of workers in the carbon audit sector
The project will also undertake the following review and development work:
- MSS40116 Certificate IV in Sustainable Operations
- MSS40216 Certificate IV in Environmental Monitoring and Technology
- MSS50116 Diploma of Sustainable Operations
- MSS50216 Diploma of Environmental Monitoring and Technology
- MSS80116 Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Operations
- MSS80216 Graduate Certificate in Environmental Management
134 units of competency to be reviewed
In addition, the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) requires that IBSA Manufacturing:
- Provide advice as part of the Case for Endorsement as to how the new/modified components will support implementation of the November 2015 COAG Industry and Skills Council training package reforms summarised at: www.education.gov.au/vocational-education-and-training-reform.
This project is due for submission to the Department of Education and Training by the 15 June 2018 for the consideration and approval of the Australian Industry and Skills Committee.
Methodology and Timelines
This project follows the Training Package Development and Endorsement Process Policy and uses a methodology as described in the IBSA Manufacturing Training Package Development Methodology.
Infographic vector created by Freepik.
Project Feedback and Consultation Process
Project updates will be provided through our newsletters and direct emails to our industry contacts. Please click here, if you wish to participate in this project, receive project updates and subscribe to our newsletters.
Regular updates will be provided on our project progress page along with links to documents for feedback.