The Process Manufacturing, Recreational Vehicle and Laboratory (PMRVL) Industry Reference Committee (IRC) supported by IBSA Manufacturing, has reviewed the MSM Manufacturing Training Package Training Package. The Case for Change was approved by the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) in June 2021.
The draft Case for Endorsement, MSM Manufacturing Training Package components and Companion Volume Implementation Guide were submitted to the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) for approval in 12 October 2022 meeting.
Thank you to all stakeholders who gave so freely of their time to shape MSM Release 8.0 Manufacturing Training Package components.
For more information please visit:
- Review and redevelop seven qualifications:
- MSM21015 Certificate II in Recreational Vehicle Service and Repair
- MSM31015 Certificate III in Recreational Vehicle Service and Repair
- MSM31215 Certificate III in Recreational Vehicle and Accessories Retailing
- MSM41115 Certificate IV in Recreational Vehicle and Accessories Retailing
- MSM21115 Certificate II in Recreational Vehicle Manufacturing
- MSM31115 Certificate III in Recreational Vehicle Manufacturing
- MSM41015 Certificate IV in Recreational Vehicles
- Review and redevelop 30 units of competency
- Develop eight new units of competency.
The rationale for updating the training products is due to significant changes in processes and practices across the recreational vehicle (RV) sector. The review will investigate an improved structure to better support individuals to move more easily between related RV industry occupations. Bespoke units will also be developed to cover areas where no suitable existing units are available.
Training package projects are overseen by the relevant Industry Reference Committee (IRC) and supported by a project Technical Advisory Committee (TAC). They guide the project and provide industry expertise for developing the components. All projects are then referred to the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) for approval.