Key Trends and Emerging Priorities for Industry Information
In March, the Manufacturing and Engineering Industry Reference Committee (IRC) met to further consider the trends impacting their industry and agree on key components of the Industry Skills Forecast and Proposed Schedule of Work.
The Manufacturing and Engineering IRC also identified the need to develop a Case for Change related to:
- Welding: to meet new welding standards in areas such as continuous shipbuilding, submarine manufacture and other applications
- Technician Skills: to reflect requirements for application of emerging technologies and advanced manufacturing processes
- Trainer / Supervisor / Coordinator skills: to develop training products to meet industry needs
Other priorities identified for the 2018 Proposed Schedule of Work include training products associated with:
- Non‐destructive testing
- Planning, scheduling, logistics and supply chain management
- Maintenance and diagnostics skills
- Design/drafting skills
- Computer aided manufacturing
- Additive manufacturing
- Composite materials
- Hydraulic hose fabrication
A draft Industry Skills Forecast and Proposed Schedule of Work will be available for further feedback and comment in April.
In November, key stakeholder and industry consultations were undertaken as directed by the Manufacturing and Engineering IRC. These discussions identified a number of training package development priorities which were considered by the Committee at their first meeting.
Latest from IBSA
IBSA Manufacturing Training Package Development Methodology
IBSA Manufacturing Training Development Projects follow the Training Package Development and Endorsement Process Policy and uses a five phase methodology. Our approach to all training…
Industry Skills Forecast Public Consultation Update
A number of public consultations have commenced for the draft 2019 Industry Skills Forecast and Proposed Schedule of Work on behalf of the Manufacturing and Engineering and…
Introducing the Manufacturing and Engineering IRC Members
The Manufacturing and Engineering Industry Reference Committee (IRC) is responsible for the MEM Manufacturing and Engineering, and MEM05 Metal and Engineering Training Packages. The Committee…