April 2019: Consultation
Consultation for the draft 2019 Manufacturing and Engineering Industry Skills Forecast and Proposed Schedule of Work ended on Tuesday 9 April.
Thank you to those stakeholders who provided comment. Broad consultation was undertaken which involved the draft 2019 Industry Skills Forecast being made available via the website along with an online survey to gather feedback.
Feedback is now being reviewed by the Aerospace Industry Reference Committee. The final version will then be submitted to the Australian Industry Skills Committee (AISC). Once endorsed, final documents will then be published on this page.
April 2019: Consultation now closed
The Industry Skills Forecast identified the following skills gaps and emerging skills needs within industry:
- New Defence projects that will create significant numbers of jobs and demand for engineering skills in the coming years
- Changing technology, which is impacting the way in which work is conducted, providing new business opportunities, changing business models and assisting businesses to increase their efficiency and productivity
- An increasing focus on the sustainability of products and business practices, and
- Skill shortages in several occupations (sheetmetal trades workers, structural steel and welding trades workers and locksmiths)
Current projects and consultations
- Point of Care Testing (PoCT) Project
- Skills for the Polymer Industry Project
- Medical Grade Footwear and Wool Processing
- Analysis of Biofuels Project
- Corporate Social Responsibility Project
- Blinds, Awnings, Security Screens and Grilles Project
- Aircraft Maintenance Subcategory B1 Licences Project
- Furnishing Industry Skills Forecast 2019
Latest from IBSA
IBSA Manufacturing Training Package Development Methodology
IBSA Manufacturing Training Development Projects follow the Training Package Development and Endorsement Process Policy and uses a five phase methodology. Our approach to all training…
Introducing the Aerospace IRC Members
The Aerospace Industry Reference Committee (IRC) is responsible for the MEA Aeroskills Training Package. The Committee oversees the development of industry competency skills standards and qualifications in the Aerospace…