IBSA Manufacturing is pleased to support the Process Manufacturing, Recreational Vehicle and Laboratory Industry Reference Committee (IRC) to undertake the Manufactured Mineral Products 2017 Project.
The Manufactured Mineral Products 2017 Project will involve the development of the following for the Manufacturing Training Package (MSM):
5 new units of competency that meet manufactured mineral products industry requirements
- Working with materials and processes (concrete technology/precast)
- Implementing Australian Standards
- Using batch command control systems
- Mechanical maintenance for concrete plants
- Mathematics, measurements and angles
Mapping of current MSM Certificate II, III and IV qualifications, and the PMC qualifications for establishing the MSM Process Manufacturing qualifications as the key industry training outcome to determine gaps and identify implications on packaging rules to accommodate sector needs.
The project will also undertake the following review and development work:
PMC units for repackaging in the MSM Training Package, including:
- Assessing whether units with between five and 25 national enrolments (over five years) should be deleted
- Conducting a mapping and comparison exercise of units with above 25 enrolments to determine which PMC units can be replaced with MSM units
- Reviewing remaining units to ensure they reflect current practice and terminology and appropriate assessment requirements
- Importing reviewed PMC units into the MSM Training Package
79 units of competency to be reviewed
In addition, the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) requires that IBSA Manufacturing:
- Provide advice as part of the Case for Endorsement as to how the new/modified components will support implementation of the November 2015 COAG Industry and Skills Council training package reforms summarised at: www.education.gov.au/vocational-education-and-training-reform.
This project is due for submission to the Department of Education and Training by 15 June 2018 for the consideration and approval of the Australian Industry and Skills Committee.
Methodology and Timelines
This project follows the Training Package Development and Endorsement Process Policy and uses a methodology as described in the IBSA Manufacturing Training Package Development Methodology.
Infographic vector created by Freepik.
Project Feedback and Consultation Process
Project updates will be provided through our newsletters and direct emails to our industry contacts. Please click here, if you wish to participate in this project, receive project updates and subscribe to our newsletters.
Regular updates will be provided on our project progress page along with links to documents for feedback.