IBSA Manufacturing is pleased to support the Process Manufacturing, Recreational Vehicle and Laboratory Industry Reference Committee (IRC) to undertake the Laboratory Operations 2017 Project.
The Laboratory Operations 2017 Project will involve the development of the following for the Laboratory Operations Training Package (MSL):
2 new units of competency in histotechnology
- Anatomy and Physiology for laboratories
- Embedding and Microtomy
1 new skill set to address the specialist skill needs of workers in histotechnology
- Receive and prepare samples for testing
The project will also undertake the following review and development work:
1 unit of competency
- MSL953001 Receive and prepare samples for testing
- MSL40116 Certificate IV in Laboratory Techniques
- MSL50116 Diploma of Laboratory Technology
104 units of competency to be reviewed
In addition, the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) requires that IBSA Manufacturing:
- Provide advice as part of the Case for Endorsement as to how the new/modified components will support implementation of the November 2015 COAG Industry and Skills Council training package reforms summarised at: www.education.gov.au/vocational-education-and-training-reform.
This project was submitted to the Department of Education and Training on 15 December 2017 for the consideration and approval of the Australian Industry and Skills Committee.
Methodology and Timelines
This project follows the Training Package Development and Endorsement Process Policy and uses a methodology as described in the IBSA Manufacturing Training Package Development Methodology.
Infographic vector created by Freepik.
Project Feedback and Consultation Process
Project updates will be provided through our newsletters and direct emails to our industry contacts. Please click here, if you wish to participate in this project, receive project updates and subscribe to our newsletters.
Regular updates will be provided on our project progress page along with links to documents for feedback.