View Project Overview (and Outcome)
December 2019: Public Consultation now closed
Public Consultation for Draft 2 training package components for the Industrial Sewing Skill Set project is now closed.
Thank you to those stakeholders who provided comment. Broad consultation was undertaken which involved draft components being made available via the website, along with webinars conducted to gather feedback.
All feedback will be considered by the Industrial Sewing Technical Advisory Committee (TAC).
November 2019: Public consultation
Public Consultation for Draft 2 training package components for the Industrial Sewing Skill Set project ended on Thursday 5 December.
Changes from Round 1 Consultation
The proposed Skill Set and draft units were revised based on stakeholder feedback and review by subject matter experts on the Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for industrial sewing. The key revisions included:
- minor changes to performance criteria, performance evidence and knowledge evidence to support increased flexibility and cross-sector application of the units;
- clarification of references to Australian Standards and inclusion of reference to product-specific personal protective equipment knowledge; and
- the inclusion of the Foundation Skills field in each unit where these skills are not explicit enough in the performance criteria.
The Textiles, Clothing and Footwear Industry Reference Committee (IRC) ultimately approve content in the MST Training Package.
For more information please call Cheryll Meade on M: 0400 686 031 or email [email protected]
September 2019: Consultation now closed
Consultation for Draft 1 training package components for the Industrial Sewing Skill Set Project is now closed.
Thank you to those stakeholders who provided comment. A broad range of stakeholders were alerted to the availability of the draft content for review and input, along with webinars conducted to gather feedback.
All feedback will be considered by the Industrial Sewing Skill Set Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) and Round 2 public consultation will be made available in October 2019.
July 2019: Update
A Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) has been formed and the first meeting was held on 18 June 2019.
The development of an industrial sewing skill set is being considered to ensure alignment with industry skill needs, current work practices and equipment. Work has also progressed to align existing units of competency to the skills required of an industrial machinist from across training packages.
Draft 1 components are scheduled to be available later this month.
April 2019: Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) to be formed
IBSA Manufacturing is pleased to advise that Industrial Sewing Skill Set Project has commenced. Industry experts will be approached to form a Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) and provide guidance in the development of training package components in the near future.
The review of the qualifications and unit content will be considered by the TAC to ensure alignment with industry skills needs, current work practices and technology. This review will also identify any duplication and obsolete units which may be considered for removal.
First draft training package components are scheduled for public consultation by July 2019. IBSA Manufacturing will provide opportunities for industry engagement and feedback via a series of National industry forums, webinars, and via the website. Please register your interest in the project and stay updated with component development and consultation opportunities.
For more information please call IBSA Manufacturing on +61 (0)3 9815 7099 or email [email protected]
Current projects and consultations
- High Pressure Water Jetting Case for Change
- Technology in Training and Assessment – an Aerospace Industry Perspective
- Energy Management Project
- Recreational Vehicles Project
- MEM Welding, Technical and Trainer/Supervisor/Coordinator Project
- Alignment of VET qualifications with aerospace licensing regulations
- Point of Care Testing (PoCT) Project
- Skills for the Polymer Industry Project
- Laundry and Dry Cleaning Project
- Blinds, Awnings, Security Screens and Grilles Project
- Manufacturing and Engineering Transition Project
- Chemical, Hydrocarbons & Refining 2017 Project
Latest from IBSA
IBSA Manufacturing Training Package Development Methodology
IBSA Manufacturing Training Development Projects follow the Training Package Development and Endorsement Process Policy and uses a five phase methodology. Our approach to all training…