December 2019: Submission
Thank you to all stakeholders who contributed to the Case for Change. This has been submitted to the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) for their review and consideration. When a Case for Change is approved, it forms the basis of a training package project.
November 2019: Consultation now closed
Public Consultation for the High Pressure Water Jetting Case for Change is now closed. Thank you to those stakeholders who provided comment.
Once approved by the Process Manufacturing, Recreational Vehicle and Laboratory Industry Reference Committee (IRC), the Case for Change will be submitted to the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) for their review and consideration. When a Case for Change is approved, it forms the basis of a training package project.
High pressure water jetting is a process using a stream of pressurised water to remove material, coatings or contamination and debris from the surface of a work piece or material substrate. It is a dangerous activity associated with a number of hazards and risks. Industry has identified the following MSM Manufacturing Training Package components should be updated to ensure advances in operation and maintenance as well as new technologies are appropriately reflected, and the units continue to reflect industry practice and safety requirements.
Units of competency:
- MSMWJ201 Use high pressure water jetting equipment
- MSMWJ301 Operate a high pressure water jetting system
- MSMWJ302 Operator a drain cleaning system
- MSMWJ303 Operate a vacuum leading system
- MSMSS00003 Use high pressure water jetting equipment
- MSMSS00004 Operate a high pressure water jetting system
- MSMSS00005 Operator a drain cleaning system
- MSMSS00006 Operate a vacuum leading system.