The Process Manufacturing, Recreational Vehicle and Laboratory (PMRVL) Industry Reference Committee (IRC), supported by IBSA Manufacturing, undertook a review to update the high pressure water jetting training package components in the MSM Manufacturing Training Package to meet workforce upskilling demands and emerging technological changes. Refer to the Case for Change for more information about research undertaken to support this project. The Case for Endorsement for the MSM Manufacturing Training Package components and Companion Volume Implementation Guide have received Skills Ministers’ endorsement. Release 7.0 of the MSM High Pressure Water Jetting Project is now available on the National Register of VET, training.gov.au. Thank you to the industry experts who gave so freely of their time to shape the changes.
The primary focus for unit and skill set development was to ensure that the existing MSM Manufacturing Training Package content better supports important safety requirements, current industry practice and advances in equipment technologies, operation and maintenance.
The review has not only provided the opportunity to more clearly specify industry’s expectation of performance and requirements to ensure quality assessment but also improve align with the Standards for Training Packages 2012.
Updated Training Package components
Five units of competency:
- MSMWJ202 Use high pressure water jetting equipment
- MSMWJ304 Operate a high pressure water jetting system
- MSMWJ305 Operate a drain cleaning system
- MSMWJ306 Operate a vacuum loading system
- MSMWJ307 Operate a hydro excavation system (new unit).
Five skill sets:
- MSMSS00017 Use high pressure water jetting equipment
- MSMSS00018 Operate a high pressure water jetting system
- MSMSS00019 Operate a drain cleaning system
- MSMSS00020 Operate a vacuum loading system
- MSMSS00021 Operate a hydro excavation system (new skill set).
For more information please visit: www.dwer.gov.au