IBSA Manufacturing is pleased to support the Furnishing Industry Reference Committee (IRC) to undertake the Furnishing 2017 Project.
The Furnishing 2017 Project will involve the development of the following for the Furnishing Training Package (MSF):
14 new units of competency for the following areas:
- Archival/preservation framing skills
- Seamless resin flooring
- Furniture Products Compliance
- Furniture Estimator
- Commercial Fitted Furniture (compliance, estimator, installer)
- Embedded technologies in cabinetry
2 new skill sets are being developed to meet the changing skills needs for the furnishing industry:
- Design and install embedded technology into kitchen and bathroom cabinetry
The project will also undertake the following review and development work:
10 qualifications consisting of 221 units of competency to be reviewed for consistency and to ensure they are meeting the needs of industry:
- MSF30513 Certificate III in Picture Framing
- MSF30813 Certificate III in Flooring Technology
- MSF30413 Certificate III in Glass and Glazing
- MSF40413 Certificate IV in Glass and Glazing
- MSF31013 Certificate III Interior Decoration Retail Services
- MSF40213 Certificate in Furniture Design and Technology
- MSF40313 Certificate IV in Design of Kitchens, Bathrooms and Interior Spaces
- MSF50313 Diploma of Furniture Design and Technology
- MSF50213 Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration
- MSF60113 Advanced Diploma of Interior Design
1 skill set
- MSFSS00007 Furniture Product Compliance
147 units of competency to be reviewed for consistency and to ensure they are meeting the needs of industry.
- Provides advice as part of the Case for Endorsement as to how the new/modified components will support implementation of the November 2015 COAG Industry and Skills Council training package reforms summarised at www.education.gov.au/vocational-education-and-training-reform.
Methodology and Timelines
This project follows the Training Package Development and Endorsement Process Policy and uses a methodology as described in the IBSA Manufacturing Training Package Development Methodology.
The planned project timelines for the phases of this project are summarised below.
Infographic vector created by Freepik.
Project Feedback and Consultation Process
Project updates will be provided through our newsletters and direct emails to our industry contacts. Please click here, if you wish to participate in this project, receive project updates and subscribe to our newsletters.
Regular updates will be provided on our project progress page along with links to documents for feedback.