We are seeking your feedback on Draft 2 training package components for the MSS ‘Corporate Social Responsibility’ Project.
To view Draft 2 training package components, click here.
As the Skills Service Organisation (SSO) for the Sustainability training package, IBSA Manufacturing is currently reviewing and developing ‘Corporate Social Responsibility’ components to ensure that units and qualifications reflect industry requirements. The Sustainability Industry Reference Committee (IRC) guides this development work and has nominated a Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) to provide industry expertise.
We will be conducting webinars on Tuesday 13 November to outline the minor changes made from Draft 1 to Draft 2 components. To register for a webinar, click here.
The 2018 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Project involves the following review and update of the MSS Sustainability Training Package to reflect current industry practice:
- development of a new unit – MSS015xxx Develop response to corporate social responsibility
- development of two new Skill Sets – Lead response to corporate social responsibility and Direct corporate social responsibility
- review of 33 existing units of competency to ensure the emerging skills and expectations necessary to support customer, client and corporate responsibility requirements meet industry needs
- strengthening the alignment between required CSR skills, units and the qualifications to improve job outcomes
The outcome of this work is that:
- there is a clearly defined focus for learners seeking to strengthen their corporate social responsibility skills, or manage their organisation’s corporate social responsibility requirements
- units are easier to read and understand
- assessment requirements and CSR knowledge have been strengthened to meet industry needs across all 3 Sustainability streams of study (Sustainable Operations, Environmental Monitoring and Technology, and Competitive Systems & Practices)
All content has been updated to reflect current industry practice and to comply with the National Standards for Training Packages.
For more information please contact David Galbraith on M: 0499 490 329 or 03 9815 7099.
Round 1 ‘Corporate Social Responsibility’ Consultation now closed.
Round 1 public consultation for the first draft training package components of the Corporate Social Responsibility project closed on September 14th 2018. Draft components were available for 3 weeks from August 20th.
Broad consultation was undertaken which involved draft components being made available via the website, along with national face to face workshops and webinars to gather feedback.
Feedback is currently being considered by the project Technical Advisory Committee, and Draft 2 components are expected to be made available for public consultation later this month once all feedback has been incorporated.
MSS ‘Corporate Social Responsibility Project’ – Consultation Workshops
First draft training package components for the MSS ‘Corporate Social Responsibility Project’ will be available from Monday August 20 until Friday 14 September. A new unit and skill set, along with 33 existing units and 9 qualifications in the Sustainable Operations, Environmental Monitoring and Control, and Competitive Systems and Practices sectors will be updated to support long term global initiatives, emerging expectations and industry best practice around ‘sustainability’ as it relates to corporate responsibility, community expectations, and process compliance and improvement.
We will also be conducting workshops and webinars to outline key changes to the training package.
Please join us on the following dates to hear about changes and give us your feedback:
- Perth 15 August 9.30am – 11.00am (DTWD, Osborne Park)
- Melbourne 17 August 11.00am – 1.00pm (IBSA office, East Melbourne)
- National webinar 20 August 1.30pm – 3.30pm
- National webinar 22 August 2.00pm – 4pm
- Sydney 24 August 11am – 12.00pm (Location, venue TBC)
- National webinar 27 August 2.00pm – 4pm
To register your attendance at one of these sessions, please click here
Latest from IBSA View more
IBSA Manufacturing Training Package Development Methodology
IBSA Manufacturing Training Development Projects follow the Training Package Development and Endorsement Process Policy and uses a five phase methodology. Our approach to all training…