The Furnishing Industry Reference Committee (IRC), supported by IBSA Manufacturing, reviewed the Certificate III in Blinds, Awnings, Security Screens and Grilles and associated units of competency and skill sets in the MSF Furnishing Training Package to ensure they reflected the latest industry trends and skills requirements.
The project received ministerial endorsement in late April 2020. The MSF Furnishing Training Package is now available on the National Register of VET, training.gov.au.
Why we reviewed it
- Industry operational requirements had shifted to a different business model.
- The training package needed to reflect new and changing technologies, as well as increasing consumer demand for energy-efficient solutions.
- The qualification needed to reflect licensing and other compliance regulations across all states and territories.
- The workforce largely is not formally qualified or trained, and the qualification was not reflecting workplace requirements. As a result enrolment levels with Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) have been low.
What we reviewed
- 1 qualification
- 4 new units of competency
- 28 reviewed units of competency.
Governance and methodology
Training package projects are overseen by the relevant Industry Reference Committee (IRC) and supported by a project Technical Advisory Committee (TAC). They guide the project and provide industry expertise for developing the components. All projects are then referred to the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) for approval.
Stay in touch
Click here to stay updated with component development and consultation opportunities.
For more information contact:
Demmi Paris | Industry Engagement Partner
P: (03) 9815 7099 | E: [email protected]
Latest from IBSA
IBSA Manufacturing Training Package Development Methodology
IBSA Manufacturing Training Development Projects follow the Training Package Development and Endorsement Process Policy and uses a five phase methodology. Our approach to all training…