The industry covers a diverse array of sectors including; furniture and furnishings, kitchens, cabinets, glass, furnishing design, windows, doors, flooring and picture framing.
IBSA supports the Furnishing Industry Reference Committee that looks after the following training package:
The link above provides a full list of units and qualifications in the training package, you can view or download from training.gov.au.
All qualifications have been grouped in vocational streams below.
Qualifications in vocational streams
- MSF10113 - Certificate I in Furnishing
- MSF20113 - Certificate II in Furnishing
- MSF20516 - Certificate II in Furnishing Pathways
- MSF30913 - Certificate III in Blinds, Awnings, Security Screens and Grilles
- MSF30813 - Certificate III in Flooring Technology
- MSF31018 - Certificate III in Interior Decoration Retail Services
- MSF40318 - Certificate IV in Kitchen and Bathroom Design
- MSF31213 - Certificate III in Piano Technology
- MSF30518 - Certificate III in Picture Framing
- MSF30613 - Certificate III in Soft Furnishing
- MSF40118 - Certificate IV in Interior Decoration
- MSF20213 - Certificate II in Furniture Finishing
- MSF20313 - Certificate II in Furniture Making
- MSF31113 - Certificate III in Cabinet Making
- MSF30113 - Certificate III in Furniture Finishing
- MSF30213 - Certificate III in Furniture Making
- MSF30313 - Certificate III in Timber and Composites Machining
- MSF30713 - Certificate III in Upholstery