The Sustainability Industry Reference Committee (IRC), supported by IBSA Manufacturing, is reviewing the MSS Sustainability Training Package. The Case for Change was approved by the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) in 2020, with the request that the project be completed in two phases. Training package development work will proceed following agreement on the following staged approach.
- Stage 1: Competitive Systems and Practices – Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma.
- Stage 2: Competitive Systems and Practices – Certificates II, III and IV.
Milestones Stage 1
Milestones Stage 2
Why we are reviewing it
Competitive Systems and Practices (CSP) is a highly utilised qualification within the MSS Sustainability Training Package. Due to the increasing focus on advanced manufacturing and sustainable manufacturing processes, as well as new technological advances, there is a need to review CSP content to ensure it aligns with current industry needs, and to support business with new opportunities to upskill their workforce and maintain competitive business operations.
What we are reviewing*
- Four qualifications:
- MSS50316 Diploma of Competitive Systems and Practices
- MSS60316 Advanced Diploma of Competitive Systems and Practices
- MSS80316 Graduate Certificate of Competitive Systems and Practices
- MSS80416 Graduate Diploma of Competitive Systems and Practices.
- 53 units
- Three qualifications:
- MSS20316 Certificate II in Competitive Systems and Practices
- MSS30316 Certificate III in Competitive Systems and Practices
- MSS40316 Certificate IV in Competitive Systems and Practices
- 60 units
Governance and methodology
Training package projects are overseen by the relevant Industry Reference Committee (IRC) and supported by a project Technical Advisory Committee (TAC). They guide the project and provide industry expertise for developing the components. All projects are then referred to the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) for approval.
Stay in touch
Click here to stay updated with component development and consultation opportunities.
For more information contact:
Peter Komsta | Industry Project Manager
P: (03) 9815 7037 | E: [email protected]