The Furnishing Industry Reference Committee (IRC), supported by IBSA Manufacturing, is reviewing selected furnishing industry Certificate III and entry-level pathways qualifications in the MSF Furnishing Training Package to meet workforce upskilling demands and reflect current and emerging industry skills and technological changes.
Why we are reviewing it
Due to the impact of technology and globalisation, job roles and tasks have been significantly affected. It is important for industry to redevelop the cabinet making qualifications to better meet industry best practice and emerging skills needs.
What we are reviewing
The Case for Change is proposing a project to:
1. Redevelop six entry-level pathways qualifications:
- MSF10113 Certificate I in Furnishing
- MSF20113 Certificate II in Furnishing
- MSF20213 Certificate II in Furniture Finishing
- MSF20313 Certificate II in Furniture Making
- MSF20516 Certificate II in Furniture Making Pathways
- MSF20413 Certificate II in Glass and Glazing
2. Redevelop seven Certificate III qualifications:
- MSF30113 Certificate III in Furniture Finishing
- MSF31113 Certificate III in Cabinet Making
- MSF30213 Certificate III in Furniture Making
- MSF30313 Certificate III in Timber and Composites Machining
- MSF30613 Certificate III in Soft Furnishing
- MSF30713 Certificate III in Upholstery
- MSF31213 Certificate III in Piano Technology
3. Review 179 MSF-coded units of competency, updating them to reflect current industry needs and improve quality and clarity.
Governance and methodology
Case for Change development work is overseen by the relevant Industry Reference Committee (IRC). The process provides a robust, evidence-based approach to support the Australian Industry and Skills Committee’s (AISC) decision-making process.
Stay in touch
Click here to stay updated with component development and consultation opportunities.
For more information contact:
Demmi Paris, Industry Engagement Partner
P: (03) 9815 7099 | M: 0402 082 885 | E: [email protected]